What we're made of
Wullyz will use a high-grade sheepskin which is dense and soft creating an insulated climate controled footbed. The reinforced hand constructed leather sole will provide a more comfortable and durable footbed for long lasting wear. Not only will this add to the durability of the slipper but it will also prevent wear on the wools surface or premature breakthrough of toes and pronation of the foot.
Each piece is hand cut and sewn carefully to ensure quality and durability. The body of the slipper is crochet with beautifully soft pure wool that washes and wears beautifully with time. The pull tie is composed of an elastic cord that is flexible with wear and can be adjusted quickly as needed without restricting ankle movement. The wool fibres and sheepskin give thermal properties to help keep your feet at a normal body temperature all year round.
AMAZING BENEFITS OF WOOL Wool gives superior performance to man-made fibres, and as wool is a naturally occurring fibre it brings so many other amazing benefits…
1. Wool resists wrinkles - wool is like a spring, it has a natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape even after being stretched by up to 30%.
2. Wool has balanced thermal insulation properties - meaning it is warm in winter and cool in the summer.
3. Wool is hypoallergenic - it is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in many people.
4. Dust mites don't like wool - dust mites need moisture to survive. Wool has microscopic pores that respond effectively to changes in humidity making it unfavourable for the growth and breeding of the house dust mite.
5. Wool is naturally anti-static - wool generates very little static electricity because of the qualities of its natural fibres. Static attracts lint, dirt, and dust, so its anti-static properties keep it much cleaner for longer.
6. Easily cleaned - wool fabrics clean easily because the outside surface of the wool fibre consists of a series of overlapping scales (similar to the feathers on a bird), which means that dirt sits on the surface of the fibre, making it easy to remove.
7. Wool is naturally flame resistant - wool is difficult to ignite, has low flame spread and heat release properties; it does not melt and has superior self-extinguishing qualities.
8. Wool is a naturally renewable fibre - what could be more natural than wool? As yet, no one has been able to reproduce the properties of wool synthetically.
9. Eco-friendly and Sustainable - when it's 'out with the old' wool will naturally biodegrade. It is a totally natural product, entirely renewable and sustainable. And it is 100% biodegradable.